TERMS OF COUNSELING
There are several expectations of our counseling, consideration of which should be done before requesting our care as One-Eighty counselors require the following commitments for all counseling provided. After you have considered the below requirements and are prepared to commit to them, you can request counseling through the form below. One-Eighty Counseling services are provided by a cooperative of contracted counselors who are involved in various other full time and part time ministries. As such, wait times may vary for services. Counseling can be offered in person or via FaceTime or Skype once you are connected to an available counselor. Our Counseling Services Director will estimate potential wait time once she receives your inquiry.
We hope that everyone who seeks counsel will be able to obtain it regardless of his/her financial standing. For those receiving counseling in Louisville, KY each hour-long counseling session is $80 ($135 for couples) and two-hour sessions are $130 ($190 for couples). For those receiving counseling in Santa Clarita, CA each hour-long session is $100 ($155 for couples) and two-hour sessions are $150 ($210 for couples).
The first session is expected to be two hours long so that the necessary information can be gathered. Payment is requested after each session and can be made online. If you are not able to pay the requested amount, our counselors will work with you to suggest options to consider for financial assistance.
Biblical counseling is not intended to continue indefinitely or for an unlimited period of time. A primary goal of biblical counseling is to help a person learn to counsel him/herself as soon as possible according to Scripture, as he/she is guided by the Holy Spirit to understand and apply the truth (John 16:13), and become a functioning member of the body of Christ as a local church.
- I commit to be there on time and bring my Bible and something to take notes on
- I commit to let the counselor know a day ahead if I cannot make it due to an emergency
- I commit to do the homework assigned and if it is not completed let the counselor know a day ahead of time in order to possibly reschedule
- I commit to pay before each appointment for the services rendered (1 Cor 9:13)
- I commit to pay for any materials that may be required
- I commit to have my church recommendation letter signed and returned before counseling begins.
- I commit to give a week’s notice before terminating counseling, which I have the right to do at any time if I am not pleased with the services.
- I commit to bring an advocate (preferably from my church) to every counseling session
- I commit to alerting my church leaders that I am receiving counseling from One-Eighty
- I commit to allowing a counselor-in-training to observe my counseling session
ONE-EIGHTY COUNSELOR COMMITMENTS
- The counselor commits to pray and prepare for your visits
- The counselor commits to help in every faithful way the Scripture allows
- The counselor commits to notify you if an emergency arises and he/she can’t make it
- The counselor commits to take this meeting time, your life and issues very seriously
- The counselor has the right to terminate counseling if there are repeated cancellations, repeated failures to complete homework assignments, or if there is a general lack of initiative or willingness to make progress
- The counselor commits to a biblically limited confidentially (discussed in detail on our confidentiality waiver)
- The counselor commits to use sessions as a training ground for other observing counselors